If there are two things we know for certain, it’s that the Christmas season is officially underway, and BtR schemes are more popular than ever.
So now that Halloween is over and the pumpkins have been taken out of the trees on Market Street, you can start getting ready to market your BtR scheme in Manchester this Christmas.
Let’s take a look at some ways that you can get your BtR scheme noticed on a large scale throughout Manchester during this festive period.
Sponsor a Christmas event
Manchester loves to celebrate Christmas, and because of this there are countless city-wide events you can jump on the back of to market your BtR scheme.
Take Manchester’s Ice Rink for example. With hundreds of visitors per day across Manchester and surrounding cities, you’ll be showcasing yourself to a huge new audience that you previously hadn’t tapped into. Speak to the organisers and discuss becoming a sponsor, which could range from a mention on the website to a banner across the rink itself.
Some other alternative Christmas-sponsoring opportunities in Manchester could be the Christmas light’s switch-on or Winter Wonderland, the UK’s largest indoor Christmas theme park.
Run a Christmas competition
This is a fool-proof way to get the social engagement you really want. It’s pretty simple:
- Choose a prize (e.g. a weekend stay in your apartment building for two around the Christmas period with a free meal at a nearby restaurant)
- Post it on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with the CTA “share and follow to win”
- Your post will be shared across your social channels, you’ll gain a huge number of new followers and your brand’s awareness will increase massively
To gain extra traction, you could team up with a local restaurant for the free meal and get them to share the competition on their channels. This will increase exposure and create valuable links with the local community, helping to create a sense of place around your BtR scheme.
Throw a resident’s party
Want to increase the hype around your BtR apartment block? A great way to show off the lifestyle on offer at your residential scheme is to throw a resident’s Christmas party in a communal area and tie it into a media/social strategy. You can:
- Do an online build up with a countdown to the event
- Commission a photographer to get some great photos and videos of the event which you can use as social collateral for the coming weeks
- Livestream the event as it happens – all of your followers will get a notification
- Invite the press if there’s an appropriate news angle
You’re trying to sell a lifestyle to people, so what better way to portray that than by showcasing the type of lifestyle residents could be living. Merry Christmas indeed!
And that’s it
Christmas makes everyone a little bit more accepting of marketing – it’s the most wonderful time of the year, after all.
If you want to explore this a little bit further, get in touch with us at Roland Dransfield to find out how we can support your Christmas marketing efforts.